Friday

Effective Living and Soccer

Many years ago, I went to the Cenacle for a retreat. Someone had suggested I attend the Effective Living Seminar with Sister Elizabeth Mozina, so I did. It transformed my life. The affirmations that I learned I was able to apply to different areas of my life. Over the years I took advanced courses and went to the Cenacle several times to recharge my "spiritual batteries." One of my favorite blessings when I would return to the Cenacle were Sister's big hugs and the stillness of the surroundings. Every time I go the the Cenacle in fact, I can't help but appreciate what it offers, a time to be alone, a time to be quiet and reflect, a time to be with my higher power. There, I simply feel safe. I do hope you enjoyed Sister's 6 main affirmations on the show. Believe me it is a great way to start changing your life if you so desire.

Lately I also wanted to share one of my many passions. Besides playing music which is my "night hobby" I love watching men play soccer! In Argentina, where my parents are from, soccer is a like a religion. You have to show up on Sundays no matter what! Right now Argentina is in the finals for the Copa America. I do hope we win but fortunately over time, I have gotten less upset about losing (if that were to happen) I have learned to love international sports as a way to unite people. Every time I have been to a world cup, which happens every 4 years around the world, I can't help but feel a lot of conflict could be resolved in the world by just playing a match and watching the best team win. I have sat in coffee shops around the world dancing Brazilian zambas, Chilean Cuecas or American disco after a match just because we felt like celebrating what we have in common. I am already making plans for some dancing this weekend!

No comments: