Friday

Rothko Chapel This Monday night at 7:30pm and my Optimum Health Experience

Friends be sure you attend the Global Warming Seminar at the Rothko Chapel Monday night at 7:30pm with my friend and Living Smart guest Diana Petrochelli. Reception follows and the event is free!

Also I wanted to post this response from someone I met at Optimum Health Institute who actually said it like it is. I did detox there and I have kept the weight off so I have to agree with what he said about his experience at OHI.

"You seem to see it as a punishment, or a "diet" that "deprives" you of the things you really want.
This is really interesting, in light of your discussion of addiction.
You can see your addiction to food, right ? ("I'm a foodie..")
Raw Food, cleansing, meditation, is not deprivation, but is an incredible gift, an opportunity to regain yourself, to live for yourself, to find true health, to be WELL, and to let go of the self-defeating labels and habits, and brainwashing.
You were "grumpy" at OHI because you were DE TOXING.
It was the poisons coming out - not your supposed "hunger."
You did not lose "water weight." This is more of the brainwashing.
You drank gallons of water at OHI, right ?
What you lost was poison, toxins, old decaying fecal matter, garbage.
As soon as you went back to garbage, you gained weight.

Take a step back and look at the big picture.
If you want to live, you can.
If you want to die, you can do that too.
Your choice.

We are back in California.
We are about 75% raw.
Me more than Laurie. (I am an addictive/compulsive Dude - and get "into" things :-) )
Sometimes I really need some egg whites- when my body tells me that I need a protein dose. I listen.
But I have actually lost some weight since returning, though that is not my intent.
I feel incredibly good. Light, strong, aware, awake, and full of energy.
I can lift the same weights at the gym as before. I can do all the same Yoga asanas- so I have not lost any strength or flexibility.
I am better on the cardio equipt.

We were given a gift at OHI.
We need to accept it and embrace it --

Love,

DR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I voted on your survey. I have to say that the most important issue to me is the Iraq War, but I realized, in voting, that, atleast in this presidential race, it is not necessarily going to influence my decision. I believe John McCain would better handle the Iraq War than Hillary or Obama (although a positive experience in Iraq is still possible with either of these 2 candidates), but I will not be voting for McCain. Really, I am on the Democratic side of every issue except for the most important issue to me, the Iraq War. Tough decision, but its Hillary or Obama for me...