Saturday

Happy Marriages, Lesson of the week, Living Smart tips, and

The lesson I learned this week. For me, making lists is essential every week and if I can, I do it every day. When I write what I have to do, I tend to do it. If I don't, I most likely will forget.

Gratitude: I saw the move Blind Side last night. I am grateful to have parents who loved me when they decided to "procreate" ME.

Living Smart tips: I suggest you check http://www.groupon.com/ for interesting discounts in different areas of life. This is a new movement to offer amazing discounts.

As I prepare for Living Smart tapings of season 6, I was reading John Bradshaw's book on Reclaiming Virtue. My best reading happens at 4 in the morning and I am really enjoying the book, but I have never seen a simpler explanation on how to keep a happy long term marriage.

He quoted John Gottman, a psychologist at the University of Washington, who researches long term love. He was interviewed by Milton Erickson Foundation Newsletter and this is what he said.

The answer is not complicated...what I cal the "masters of marriage" are individuals who are being kind to one another. They may raise difficult issues, but they also soften them in a very considerate way. They frequently express appreciation./ They comunicate respect and love every day in numerous small ways..they communicate greater interest. .and scan the environment looking for opportunities to say "thank you."


LIVING SMART AIRS ON SUNDAYS AT 3PM AND FRIDAY NIGHTS AT 10PM www.houstonpbs.org/livingsmart
LATINA VOICES AIRS THE LAST SUNDAY OF EACH MONTH AT 2:30PM. http://www.latinavoices.com/

No comments: