Thursday

Living Smart with Green Energy

I am both excited and concerned about writing on Green Energy. I do believe each one of us should do something to conserve energy and care for our environment in our own way. For instance I just bought compact light bulbs and three months ago I signed up with GREEN MOUNTAIN ENERGY, But I am afraid to say I had a problem with them. My bill went from 50 dollars in November to about $300 in December and up to $400 in January. Needless to say I was shocked and in my 16 years of living in my apartment I had never paid more than usually 90 dollars. My highest bill those sixteen years was $175. I have been investigating this and would like to know if you have had any experience or know of anyone who has had experience with Green Mountain Energy please write me back. I am sure if I had problems with this, many others have too. So far my cousin in Dallas and a friend here in Houston had similar problems.

Have you experienced a problem like this? What did you do about it? What are your thoughts about green energy? I would love to hear your feedback.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I had a similar problem with Green Mountain several years ago. A Green Mt rep called me and convinced me to switch from the energy company I had been using for 20 years and never had a problem with over to them because of the green benefits at a lower rate. They said they had taken my total usage for the past 12 months from the other company and averaged it out equally so I would have the same payment each month. Sounded great so I switched and all was fine for a couple years. After getting frustrated with my bill arriving at inconsistent times each month, I switched to one with a lower rate. Then Green Mt sent me a goodbye bill for over $3,000!!! Saying I used more than my allotment.
After going round and round, a rep finally admitted the reason it happened was because Green Mt never came out to read my meter until after I switched, and apologized that it was negligence on their part because they were a new company. I thought that was the end of it until several years later (today) I received a call from a collection agency.

Robin Rosen - Sugar Land, TX