Friday

Living Smart, Summer Escapes and Music

Hello there:
I got a lot of calls from you about the social security show. I can't repeat this often enough. Knowledge is power and in this case also "Money". For more information on what you really need to know about social security, e mail
lauadams@aol.com and also check the social security website www.ssa.gov. I also wanted to share with you HoustonPBS escapes.

Summer E-scapes is in a full swing again and we were able to secure very cool prizes. Odds to win one of these prizes are great.

So, I wanted to ask all of you to promote this any way you can…forward it to friends, post it in your blogs…etc.
Below is the message that will be going out to all our members. Feel free to forward it on.

The shortcut URL to get to the proper page is www.houstonpbs.org/escape

I am now working hard on my fourth season of Living Smart. Producing all the video reports and preparing for future topics. We'll be covering credit card debt relief and why we need to teach our children to SAVE MONEY! We'll also find out how to protect ourselves from identity theft. There will be a lot of discussion about the environment and simple steps to save energy. I also just attended an addiction conference in Quebec Canada and will be producing a show on the science of addiction and what's new to treat drug abuse.

This season we are still covering fabulous topics, such as "Effective Living" with Sister Mozina on July 15th, Dan Phillips who builds low income homes with recycled materials on July 22nd, Hitaji Aziz who knows a lot about healing young men and how to talk to them(July 29th) Gracie Cavnar teaches us about childhood nutrition Augst 5th) John Fain about supplements and vitamins,(Aug 12th) Laurel Spence shares her experience with post partum depression August 19th) and Joan Ifland shows us how we can become addicted to sugars and flours.(August 26th)

I continue to play my drums and a bit of guitar with my bands and will probably playing at a cafe soon with a duo. I will let you know when I have dates and places.

Remember to be grateful for all your blessings!

No comments: