Monday

Living Smart on hitaus, and music concerts

Dear friends: Our show with Gracie Cavnar on childhood obesity and John Fain on foods and supplements will have to wait until August 19th at 3pm and August 26 also at 3pm respectively (Both shows will re air on the following thursdays at 1:30pm)
We will have a much needed membership drive in August.

While the show is on hiatus, I am busy with my music and working on season 4 of Living Smart. I am also playing with my duo every thursday at Mi Pueblito and August 24th at 8pm we'll be at Salento Cafe in the village. I am also truly excited about a special concert at the Artery on November 10th. I will have a new repertoire with my band Quartus and some new original songs. We wrote the theme song for Living Smart a few years back and it has worked very well for the upbeat, positive uplifting message of the show.

In Season 4, the topics I will be covering will be
Dealing with shame
The science of addiction
Cultivating Happiness
Financial Literacy for Women and Teens
Protecting yourself from identity theft and other legal quagmires
Preventing youth violence
Naturopathy, healing and why we are tired all the time
Taking care of your parents
Developing critical thinking skills and media literacy
Creating your own path for fullfillment
Green architecture
Sustainability and what you can do
Learning compassion and revitalizing communities

As I am meeting with potential donors to Living Smat I get asked why I do this so I thought I would share with you why I feel so strongly about Living Smart. First of all I have to agree with Ralph!

Ralph Waldo Emerson
“To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."

My wish is that Living Smart brings life resources to our viewers, in a fun, succinct and innovative way. It is about the quiet heroes, the pioneers, the activists. Those outstanding professionals who have made a difference in our lives. What drives them is a commitment to leave this world better than they received it. They are of different colors, religions and cultures. American heroes whose values are similar for they each have a burning desire to help others, improve the quality of life by sharing life skills for a better future. They all specialize in different fields and are passionate about their work, their commitments and others.
Their goal is to empower others in different areas of life. They provide information and results not often covered in mainstream media and have made admirable contributions that have been given little notoriety.
These are the unsung heroes who are featured in Living Smart.

Keep watching. Take care and Keep Living Smart, it is much easier than Living Dumb!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your show on Hitaji Aziz. It was so refreshing to hear someone with such an uplifting life.

Anonymous said...

When are you airing Dan Phillips again? I want him to start his project in Houston.

Anonymous said...

I just saw an article on John Sage in Texas Monthly. I liked that show. I don't think we do enough to rehabilitate prisoners and help families of victims in our society. Kudos on your show.
Michael Jones

Anonymous said...

Someday society will infact wake up to that reality. No wonder our prison system has become a recycling unit, 'criminals' go in and come back out with better ideas until they go back in again.

Anonymous said...

While youre so worried about the prsion system, how about you propose an eye for an eye type of justice. I am sure that will fix the problem altogether.