Wednesday

The law of attraction

If you have not heard about this law of attraction. Read up on the "Secret" movie. Everyone was excited about it and it was all over the news. I find it a bit funny since I have always read in the the bible " ask and you shall receive." We all hear about this, why don't we believe it?
I have been engaged in creative manifesting for a while. That is, I ask for something, usually write it down and believe it will become true if I am in aligment with the divine. In other words if I am asking for something that is for everyone's benefit, including my own.
Some people find this hoakie and silly. I find it has changed my thought patterns and way of life.
I have especially used it for very important things such as my mother's health when she was in a coma, or something simple like passing an exam, or avoiding an illness! My take on this is I would rather live my life asking for what I want and believing I am going to get it than using my own negative conscious mind telling me I can't have it or I shouldn't or it's impossible etc. You know what I mean. We all have that pestering little voice inside, usually a negative voice, tearing us apart, destroying our dreams and denying us happiness.
Why am I writing about this? Well my friend producer Connie Hill just won the independent film Spirit Award. This is like an Oscar but for independent films. Connie gave up her full time job to shoot this film for 5 weeks in Gonzalez Texas (just feel the HEAT) When she first started working on this film which she did for FREE, she had no idea one day she would be getting an award from Meg Ryan but that is exactly what she got. Connie wasn't so sure that she could win as producer for the film. By the way look out for it. It is called "August Evening" so I kept telling her to manifest it. Imagine going up on stage, getting the award and what you are going to say. It was hard work for me to convince her but I told her. What have you got to lose? Imagine the best, picture it and it will happen. I have told you before I believe in miracles. You do understand that winning anything like an Oscar and major national Emmys is very difficult and almost karmic. It depends on so many factors you don't have much control over. For instance, what other movies you are competing with, whether that subject matter is chic or the new actor on the scene is attractive..etc. etc..It does not take away from how real talented you are or your film is but frankly winning one of these unless you are Meryl Streep. IS HARD.
The fact that she won makes me believe in dreams. She had a dream and she went after it. I will do the same. I will manifest and believe my dream will come true. I will attract what I want. Do I believe in the law of attraction? you better believe it!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Connie!!! I remember her! I know this is so true, and I need to be more aware of my own negative patterns of thinking. Thanks for the reminder. Yes! *Ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find*