Tuesday

Miracles Happen

I have a bumper sticker that says miracles happen. I have always believed this. However, since I am human, I have to remind myself with my bumper sticker. Last year, my mother flew to Argentina and when she arrived, she had caught pneumonia on the plane. Don't panic. My mother's immune system was down. It is not that common to catch it but more likely for someone like my mother who is a heart patient. She then fell into a coma for three and a half weeks. I flew down south and lived in the hospital for 15 hours a day. I prayed and asked all my friends around the world to pray for my mother. I have no doubt in the power of prayer. I have friends of every religion in the book. I love my friends and I believe there are different paths to God. I respect them all. As a christian I knew who I prayed to but asked my friends to pray whichever way they knew and I always repeated to them, miracles happen.

It was a miracle my mother survived. It took her months to get back to normal and she lost 30 pounds, but in her late 70's, surviving such an ordeal I believe required prayer and voila...a miracle! I am now asking my friends to pray for me. I can't share with you the challenge I face, but I promise to share it with you next year in February. It is not easy to believe in miracles so I belive I am being tested. I don't mind. I love God and I believe the outcome will be for everyone's highest good, including mine!
Remember happiness is not about what we want, but being grateful for what we already have and God knows I am grateful for every blessing that comes my way.
The schedule for Living Smart has changed again due to the War documentary by Ken Burns. Please watch again on October 14th. The show on addiction to sugars and flours will be very interesting. I truly believe if we take sugars and flours out of our diet we would be a lot healthier.
Don't forget miracles happen and cutting down sugars and flours is a miracle for me but I believe I can do it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patti!
I, too, believe in miracles and try to look for them each day. It is so easy to talke for granted all of our blessings; our senses and our family/friends included...
I will be praying for you, per your request, and have faith that your "test" will be beneficial in the end.
Love you, Friend...Wendy

Patricia Gras said...

Thanks for your e mail Wendy. Keep believing!