Friday

Living Smart taping this January Who is coming up?

It is that time of the year again! I am taping my Living Smart season 4 shows. I am truly excited. Visible Changes will be doing my hair and I have 5 different make up artists. Awesome Make up and Hair stylist Michael Demarse is coming back for a few days. Caruggi's is loaning me their stylish and fun clothes, and my wardrobe consultant Sam Gershen keeps me on a leash when it comes to picking outfits. She does truly know what looks great!!! The topics this time around are quite challenging. People ask me all the time. How do you pick your topics? My answer is that I think and meditate a lot about it and then I focus on what is going on and what I feel we all need answers to. Last year we saw the massacre at Virginia Tech, from then on we have had a few shootouts. This makes me sick and I wonder what we can do to prevent it so I started out with Dr. Anthony Green PhD. He specializes in school violence prevention and guess what? His AT RISK kids score over 95% in their TAKS test once he gets through working with them. What are his secrets? You'll find out what he does to make them pay attention and stay on track. Of course last year global warming was a big topic and so I invited a pioneer in green architecture LaVerne Williams and a permaculturist with projects around the world Diana Petrochelli.

Shame researcher Dr. Brene Brown taught me a lot about shame and how it affects all other emotions. Dr. Tom Kosten, an addiction researcher and psychiatrist has a lot to say about what we need to know about addiction and how to properly treat it. (The sciene of addiction is the topic because now we know full well how addiction works and thus can find viable solutions.
I couldn't do another season without a discussion on happiness. I found out the happiest man on the planet is a buddist monk, but he lives in Tibet so I found one here in our backyard. He is an amazing, wise and kind man, Master Jian Xiao Shih.

It breaks my heart to see so many people in debt so I invited Manisha Thakor who is an expert in financial literacy. I liked her book because it was simple, to the point and she makes it understandable.

After so much conflict in our society over the war in Iraq, I decided to invite Dr. Garth Jowett to teach us a bit about media literacy. Who are we to believe when the right and left wingers try to convince us their way is the truth. It pains me there are no qualms about lying anymore or distorting the truth so he'll walk us throught the maze of information we get on a daily basis.

We couldn't do a season without talking to the best legal expert in town. The people's lawyer Richard Alderman is not only a great lawyer and teacher, he is a also a very nice and generous man. I really enjoyed meeting his family and asking him for legal advise.

Dr. Jamey Summerfield is a very bright naturopath. I find her extremely interesting because she has studied so many different things and applies it all to her patients. She is a chemical engineer, a nutritionist, a medical massage therapist an emergency technician etc and knows a heck of a lot about fatigue which happens to be a huge problem in our society.

Dr. James Hollis is one of the brightest men I have ever met. He is a world reknowned jungian analyst. Every time he speaks I listen and learn. His book on finding your own path is absolutely amazing. Author and philanthropist, Barbara Elliott is a lovely person and has been working all her life to help others. She will teach us a lot about compassion and making the right choices in philanthropy.

Adele Gorody has been a wonderful advisor to me as I attempt to care for my parents. She will discuss the very important topic of caregiving. Millions in America will be faced with this reality and just like retirement, many of us are not ready for it. We will get some tips on making life easier for ourselves and our loved ones. She has lots of experience and is the Director of the very unique senior guidance directory.

I do hope you watch. We will be launching the season in April We are still airing Season 3. In the next few weeks you will learn about addiction to sugars and flours, depression in women, healing at risk young men, and overcoming addiction so stay tuned on Sundays at 3pm. All of you who watch. Thank you. Many blessings!

1 comment:

Jung@Heart said...

Hi Patricia,
1) I have a couple questions for ya.
When will the James Hollis interview air?
2) What happened to his previous interview? I can't find it on-line anymore!