Wednesday

Jungian psychology and why climate change is not a hoax

This Sunday at 3pm and next thursday april 10th at 1pm James Hollis shares his incredible
erudite knowledge of why life can be so confusing and what to do about it!! I am really excited about this show because I am in my mid life and I ask the mid life crisis questions all the time? Why am I here? What am I doing? Does my life have a purpose? Why can't I get what I want and always fought for? His answer. Life is not easy and let me tell you why...I love it and hope you'll watch.


Have you read articles on global warming lately written by so called non profit organizations that in reality represent the oil industry? They supposedly do research and have successfully led us to beleive for years we really didn't have a problem and Al Gore and the majority of scientists around the world are crazy and don't know what they are talking about. So to them and many who believe them GLOBAL WARMING IS A HOAX!
Here are some facts for you
The Facts About Climate Change
FACT: Average global temperatures increased by about 1 degree Fahrenheit over the 20th century.
FACT: The United States contains only 5 percent of the world’s population, but contributes 22 percent of the world’s carbon emissions.
FACT: Between 20 and 25 percent of carbon emissions come from deforestation and land use change.
FACT: The Golden Toad (Bufo periglenes) is thought to be the first species to go extinct because of climate change.
FACT: Personal cars and trucks in the United States emit 20 percent of the United States' carbon emissions.
FACT: Air conditioning and heating account for almost half of electricity use in the average American home.
FACT: Climate change is linked to stronger hurricanes, more drought and increased coral deaths from bleaching.
FACT: Climate change is linked to an increase in disease-carrying pests that lead to the increased spread of diseases such as dengue fever, malaria, lyme disease and West Nile virus

Okay let's say global warming was not a problem. My question would be. Even if I am wrong, wouldn't I want to take a stand and drive less(remember gas prices) use alternative fuels (less wars) quit deforestation of our planet? Even if it wasn't true which I am certain it is a problem for us and the next generation, there are things we must become more consicous of. Diana Petrochelli shares some alarming facts about global warming in our Living Smart program that will air some time in June.

2 comments:

Jung@Heart said...

Thank you for posting this!
N.b. for more Hollis media and a community where you can explore his work, visit
Archaeon's Arc: Exploring James Hollis, PhD.
http://jameshollis.ning.com

Anonymous said...

I love to read Hollis> He is one of the few Jungian authors I can truly understand. His work rings true to my soul