Saturday

Breast Cancer and 10 lessons I have learned

I have not written in a while. As I go through radiation, I struggle with deadlines, conflicts and life in general but I am back, stronger than ever!

I don't like having Cancer at all. Is that an understatement? I caught it early. I am cured. I will never get it again so help me God, but did I learn anything about life after this? Here is what I came up with.

1. Whatever comes your way, cancer, death, donflicts, life challenges, I am glad I have faith in a higher being, in the power of love, and the value of a smile.

2. I am glad I have insurance and that thanks to health care reform, I will not have to worry in the future about living with a pre existing condition!

3. My family and my friends have saved me. I must have done something right to still have them around when I am not so pleasant to be around. Cultivate them all your life.

4. God works in mysterious ways.

5. Prayer is the necessary conversation I have with God, the blessed mother, angels and saints on a daily basis.

6. I start every day with gratitude, even cancer may be a blessing in disguise. God did not give me cancer, but I am grateful for the lessons I have learned.

7. Those who want to insult me, undermine me, or hurt me are taking on more than me. They may win battles but they will never win the war.

8. As long as I live, I will work. I love it and it keeps me sane.

9. When times are tough, your true friends show up.

10. Miracles Happen!

No comments: