Friday

Change Magazine, Living Smart and Latina Voices

Change Magazine recently did a very nice article on Living Smart, Latina Voices and my life. Here is the link if you can't pick it up in your area, http://www.changemagazine.net/
The experience for me was like no other. I have never been interviewed at length and the reporter Sue Mayfield-Geiger, Publisher, Carla Medlenka and photographer Lisette Templin could not have been kinder, gentler and funnier. It was such a nice unforgettable experience. I consider it a gift to be among the ultimate joyful professionals they proved themselves to be. My wardrobe consultant and dear friend Sam Gershen made sure I looked good and despite freezing weather outside during the photo shoot. We had a blast. Thank you all.

Living Smart will launch in April 12th at 3pm (it will repeat on friday nights at 10pm) and Latina Voices comes back on March 22nd at 2:30pm. It will air every third Sunday of the month. (You can also find it in HTV Ch. 16 comcast on Sundays and Wednesdays at 8 am and 8pm .

I am truly excited about both these shows and simply want to share, I find them relevant to what we are living right now. Last week two close friends lost their high paying jobs. It feels awful to watch dear friends go through this. However, nothing puts us on a different life track than looking for work and feeling rejected. There is no doubt we learn humility when we go through this. We realize we are not indispensable and we have to dig deep to find what we have within ourselves to get back up and start looking for the next opportunity. I know how difficult this can be. As much as I try to live smartly, I fail many times because I am human and I learned we must allow ourselves these failures and be kind to ourselves, especially when we are down. Humility is a virtue we all need in times like these, then we must have courage to go on.

Keshavar Nair said "With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity."

1 comment:

marinmenso said...

Very good posting Patricia.
Congratulations about your article on Change Magazine. You deserve that since you do a superb job with Living Smart.
Good luck with everything. These are very challenging times.
Keep doing the good work and God Bless.
Best regards,
Lourdes