Tuesday

Cold Weather, Global Warming and What I learned

What I learned: When you accept people exactly where they are, you avoid a lot of drama and trauma in your life. I do my best to practice this, though I often fail.

What I am grateful for: At a time when temperatures are below 0 in so many unlikely places like Texas and Florida, I am grateful I have indoor heating and that I can pay for it.

Global Warming has become the new subject again because of our cold weather. Whether you believe global warming is caused by humans or historic climatic changes, the fact is that it is a problem. Here are some examples of what I have found recently.

The poor at the most at risk. 26 million people have had to move from where they live because of climate change.
4.5 children will die if rich countries do not provide for poor countries to face climate change. (Intermon Oxfam)
375 million people will be affected by 2015 due to climate change and the consequent humanitarian crisis it will cause.
In the Amazon we will lose about 30 species of trees by the end of the century.
Warmer waters will also affect the coral reefs around the world.
Glaciers have lost 2/3 of their ice mass since 1850. If temperature rises another 3 degrees, 80 of the ice cover that glaciers had between 1970 and 1990 will be lost.

What can you do? Our new Living Smart series will introduce a series of Green tips that will demonstrate ideas on food sustainability, new green dorms, cars and pet products. We'll also talk about community gardening, green architecture and rain water gardens. Stay tuned.
We are airing on Sundays at 3pm and Friday nights at 10pm. Latina Voices also continues the third Sunday of the month at 2:30pm. Season six of Living Smart will launch in April.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin to get income with a money that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theblogmoney.com